Building on the longtime partnership between the City of Spartanburg and the United Way of the Piedmont, Mayor Junie White and UWP CEO Chris Steed have announced a new initiative to recruit 500 new mentors, tutors and readers for local school-aged children in 2013. The ambitious initiative is part of an effort to extend the City’s annual MLK Day of Service into a yearlong focus on enhancing the education and lives of young people.
Welcome to Get Connected! You will find many ways to connect to your community so we all can LIVE UNITED!
- Brittany S: became a fan of "Food Pantry at St. Matthew's" - May 22, 2013
- Brittany S: joined the site - May 22, 2013
- Amanda W: joined the site - May 22, 2013
- Carolyn C: became a fan of "Spartanburg Interfaith Hospitality Network (SPIHN)" - May 20, 2013
- Terri P: replied to the Need "Construction Volunteers Needed!" - May 16, 2013
- Terri P: joined the site - May 16, 2013
- Kayla J: replied to the Need "ABA Line Therapists" - May 15, 2013
- Kayla J: joined the site - May 15, 2013
- MARIBEL L: joined the site - May 14, 2013
- ELISSA B: replied to the Need "Front Desk Assistant" - May 14, 2013
- TOTAL Ministries: posted a new event "Mobile Food Pantry" - 1 day ago
- Cancer Association of Spartanburg & Cherokee Counties: posted a new need "Volunteer for Fundraising Materials" - May 15, 2013
- Adult Learning Center: posted a new need "Evening ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Tutor" - May 08, 2013
- Union County First Steps to School Readiness: posted a new need "Story time volunteers" - May 07, 2013