Members of our community have the knowledge, resources and opportunities to live healthy, safe, and active lives.
Target Issue: Many people in our community do not live in safe environments.
- Strengthen community efforts to prevent violence and abuse.
- Maximize likelihood of recovery among victims of violence or abuse.
Indicator: decrease # of CDV homicides; decrease the incidence of indicated child abuse; maximize the likelihood of recovery among victims of violence or abuse.
Target Issue: Many people in our community lack access to quality primary care and behavioral health.
- Increase access to quality primary, behavioral, and dental healthcare.
- Improve coordination amongst existing healthcare providers.
- Address health inequities within vulnerable populations.
Indicator: reduce the # of emergency room discharges for ambulatory care sensitive conditions; reduce the # of residents who report they were unable to see a doctor in the last 12 months due to costs; increase the # of uninsured residents that have a medical home; increase the % of residents able to access behavioral health care.
Target Issue: Our community has limited infrastructure and cultural support for preventative health and wellness.
- Increase awareness of and opportunities for wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Increase physical activity and healthy eating habits among our citizens.
- Support policy and advocacy in the areas of wellness and prevention.
- Foster growth of supportive services for seniors, people with disabilities, and their caregivers.
Indicator: reduce % of adults who are overweight/obese; reduce the % of adults who report having diabetes; decrease the prevalence of overweight and obese children in 1st, 3rd, and 5th grade; increase % of families who live within ½ a mile to fresh food outlets and green space.